Sultana Insider

By Students, for Students

Sultana Insider

Sultana Insider

We Wanna Know

This poll has ended.

What is the Best Pizza Topping?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

New Year’s Resolutions

Getty Images

Does a New Year mean a new start?

Setting New Year’s resolutions is a tradition that people have been doing for years. People create resolutions for themselves to create change, with expectations to do something they hope to achieve. Here at Sultana High School (SHS), a new year brings in a sense of renewal for the second semester.

Breezy Demase, a junior at SHS said, “My New Year’s resolutions for this year are very cliche but it is still important for me to accomplish this year. It is for me to maintain good grades and good health. I want to better myself in any way possible and I believe these two resolutions can allow me to achieve this.”

Giving oneself a new challenge each year helps you to be proactive, and provides a self sense of peace. Resolutions allow you a chance to change, develop, work, create, or even pick up on old projects.

Alejandro Mejia, a junior, at SHS said, “I feel as if I make my goals impossible or very hard for me to achieve because I like to give myself a challenge. I think working hard is important to continue into every new year’s resolution.”

New Year’s resolutions help individuals feel they have the chance to grow and change at the start of a new year.  

Senior at SHS, Lexie Wiles said, “My past New Year’s resolution for last year was to pass AP English my junior year. With hard work and lots of dedication, I passed the class with an -A.”

This is just an example of how a resolution can improve your life in many different aspects.