Sultana Insider

By Students, for Students

Sultana Insider

Sultana Insider

We Wanna Know

This poll has ended.

What is the Best Pizza Topping?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

A Musical Comeback

LOS ANGELES, CA - JANUARY 26: Ariana Grande attends the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards at Staples Center on January 26, 2020 in Los Angeles, CA. (Photo by David Crotty/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images)
Patrick McMullan via Getty Image
LOS ANGELES, CA – JANUARY 26: Ariana Grande attends the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards at Staples Center on January 26, 2020 in Los Angeles, CA. (Photo by David Crotty/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images)

Did you miss her? Ariana Grande has finally released her new lead single for her unannounced album. The lead single “Yes, And?” came out on  January 12 and with a bang.

“Yes, And?” is a pop song that talks about living your most authentic life and not letting critics get in the way of your best life. She wrote this song and it is different from the other songs she had written because it is more laid back with vocals. The song is compared to a previous song titled “shut up” from her previous fifth studio album of similar meaning. A sophomore at sultana highschool Hailey Haldamen states “This song has a  new vibe, honestly it’s something brand new…. I can get behind it, it’s not my best but I lowkey like it”. This era has a new authentic sound and embraces the upbeat 90’s esque dance pop beat. This single is not her best work but I give it a seven out of ten. It was nothing groundbreaking but it does stand out with the rest of her discography.

Ariana Grande, like most musicians, decided to take a break after Covid and decided to focus their time on different things. Since her “Positions”, era she has released her cosmetics brand, released 2 more fragrances, and took on the role of “Glinda the Good Witch” in the live-action musical adaptation of the Broadway play “Wicked”. Since then her step away from music has helped her create a name for herself out of the music industry. She was able to step into the cosmetics and acting industry. Grande has been able to create “R.E.M Beauty”. The beauty brand that broke the internet because they had the most inclusive counselor on the market, but I and so many others are excited that she has decided to step back into music. Without a doubt this song is a step into the right direction.