Sultana Insider

By Students, for Students

Sultana Insider

Sultana Insider

We Wanna Know

This poll has ended.

What is the Best Pizza Topping?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

A Time Change Controversy

A Time Change Controversy

Time zone change refers to adjusting the local time in a specific region to align with the different time zones. In the case of California, the state follows the Pacific Time Zone (PT) during standard time and the Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) during daylight savings time.

The time zone change occurs twice a year, with the clock being set forward by one hour in the spring and set back by one hour in the fall. In California, the transition to Daylight savings time typically occurs on the second Sunday in March, when the clocks are moved forward by one hour at 2:00 a.m. This results in longer evenings and shorter mornings. Conversely, the transition back to standard time occurs on the first Sunday in November, when the clocks are set back by one hour at 2:00 a.m.

This adjustment provides more daylight in the morning hours. The time zone change has several implications. It affects various aspects of daily life, such as work schedules, transportation, and communication, individuals and businesses need to be aware of the time zone change to ensure punctuality and coordination with others. Additionally, it is crucial to adjust electronic devices, such as clocks watches, and smartphones, to reflect the correct time. The time change could be affecting the sleep and work schedules of students and teachers alike, Sultana High School senior, Janelle Richardson Seales comments “I didn’t know the time changed, but I have noticed I’ve been getting more sleep, so I guess it’s a good thing”, along with a Sultana High School junior, Kyra Husted proclaiming, “I love this time change it doesn’t feel like I’m waking up at night anymore and I don’t feel as sleepy despite waking up at the same time”.